Canal & River Trust (CRT) is holding its Annual Public Meeting in Birmingham on Wednesday 26th September 2018 at 10:30 to 12:30.
This is an opportunity to tell the CRT Trustees and Council what you think of CRT’s enforcement policy against Bargee Travellers; the behaviour of CRT staff; and the forthcoming price rises resulting from the recent licence review which will see CRT gaining an additional £500,000 in revenue at the end of the three-year implementation period.
You could also have your say on the repeated infrastructure failures and emergency stoppages that have increased year on year since CRT took over the waterways in 2012, as many people already planning to attend will be doing. See for example the petition No Confidence in CRT:
All boat licence holders, customers, waterway users and members of the public can attend. The meeting will be held at the Kingston Theatre, Austin Court, 80 Cambridge Street, Birmingham B1 2NP. To book your place, see
The meeting will be live streamed on Facebook and Twitter. See https://austincourt.theiet.org/ for details of the venue.
Here is the invitation and programme:
“Allan Leighton, chair of Canal & River Trust, would be delighted if you could join us at our Annual Public Meeting on Wednesday 26th September at the IET Birmingham: Austin Court, where you will be able to find out more about our work over the past year, and our plans and challenges for the year ahead.
The Meeting will take place at 10.30am-12.30pm, after which a light lunch will be provided.
09:45 to 10:15 – Arrival and registration outside The Kingston Theatre. Arrival drinks will be available in The Waterside from 09:45.
10:30 – 12:30 – Annual Public Meeting
12:30 – 13:30 – Lunch will be provided in The Waterside room
1) Can I attend the event without registering for a ticket? This is an open public meeting which anyone can attend, but in order to ensure we have sufficient catering and seating etc. and that we do not exceed the maximum capacity for Health & Safety reasons, we do ask those who wish to attend this meeting to book their place using Event Brite.
2) What if I can’t attend? We will be live streaming the Annual Public Meeting through our Canal & River Trust Facebook page, we will also be live tweeting from the event through our @CanalRiverTrust Twitter account. If you do not have access to Facebook or Twitter, you can get in touch with us via email and we will send you the video file from the Facebook Live broadcast after the meeting has taken place.
3) How many tickets can I book? Due to availability, we have limited the number of tickets to 2 tickets maximum per booking.
4) What time can I arrive? Our registration desk will open from 09:45 until 10:15. There will be complimentary refreshments available from 09:45 in The Waterside. We ask that everyone be in their seats by 10:25 as the meeting will start promptly at 10:30
5) What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? Information on travel and parking can be found here: https://austincourt.theiet.org/about/location-and-transport/
6) How can I contact the organiser with any questions I may have? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the event.
7) Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? In order to be environmentally friendly, there is no need to bring a paper copy of your booking confirmation or ticket to this event. There will be a registration desk upon arrival where we shall check you in and hand you your name badge.
8) Can I change my booking after I have registered? Yes, this can be updated after online registration has been completed. The deadline for amendments / changes is midday on 24th September.
9) Is it OK if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends? Yes, however, as we shall be providing name badges on the day, we ask that attendees notify us by midday on 24th September of any proposed name changes. You can amend your booking online or by emailing email@example.com
10) What’s the refund policy? As this is a free event, there is no refund policy.
11) How will my personal data be used after this event? At the Canal & River Trust, we take the safety and security of your personal information seriously, and comply with the General Data Protection Regulations. The Canal & River Trust are the data controller for the information which you are providing on this form. We will be using the information which you supply on this form for the purpose of making you aware and inviting you to future meetings hosted by the Canal & River Trust. You have a right to request access, erasure and rectification of your personal data. You also have the right object and restrict the processing of your personal data. To exercise any of these rights please email Information.Request@canalrivertrust.org.uk. You can find our full privacy notice on our website https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/cookie-and-privacy-policy”