The NBTA is to run an online Volunteer Caseworker Training course on 4th, 11th and 18th June 2023. There will be 3 x 3 hour online training sessions at 3pm to 6pm. As this is an online course, places are limited to between 8 and 10 participants. Entry is by donation, but no-one will be turned away due to lack of funds.
NBTA Volunteer Caseworkers help boaters to deal with enforcement by navigation or other authorities, and/or assist them to exercise their rights, such as healthcare and welfare benefits. Despite some success in protecting vulnerable boat dwellers, enforcement against Bargee Travellers continues and the NBTA deals with around 200 individual cases each year.
The NBTA has not been able to run any Volunteer Caseworker Training Days in recent years due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are running this online course for the first time. Depending on demand we may be able to run more online training courses.
For more information about NBTA Volunteer Caseworker training see https://www.bargee-traveller.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/NBTA-Volunteer-Caseworker-training-day-typical-programme.pdf
If you want to take part, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 321 4128 with your:
3) Mobile number
Please also provide brief details of the following:
4) Your experience of living on a boat without a permanent mooring
5) Your knowledge of the law relating to living on a boat
6) Any advice work or casework you have done in this or other sectors
7) Any other relevant experience that equips you to be a volunteer caseworker with the NBTA
8) The role of volunteer caseworker often requires you to be available to boat dwellers at short notice. Can you commit to being a volunteer caseworker in these circumstances?
We look forward to hearing from you.