National Bargee Travellers Association
Welcome to the National Bargee Travellers Association
The NBTA seeks to represent the interests of all itinerant live aboard boat dwellers – “Bargee Travellers” – in respect of
- pursuing the lifestyle
- upholding minority demographic rights
- lobbying at both central government and local government levels
- defending the legal rights of members
- assisting (as far as possible) with marine emergencies and
- engagement with the local community
The NBTA is run by volunteers and we need more volunteers!
The NBTA 10th Anniversary Celebration and General Meeting will be held at Middle Floor, 23-25 Wharf St, Leeds LS2 7EQ on Saturday 27th April 2019 and there will be more 10th anniversary events in London on 24th and 25th May with a rally, march, flotilla and party.
Bargee Travellers encouraged to complete NHS Long Term Plan survey by 30th April 2019
NBTA publishes Best Practice Guide for Boat Dweller Accommodation Needs Assessments
Click here for more information.